Apply to start primary school (reception) for September 2016

Applications are for children with a birthday from 1 September 2011 to 31 August 2012

Where you live

Please be aware that if you live in Redbridge you must apply for a reception school place through us even if the school is not in Redbridge.
If you are not a Redbridge resident you need to apply via your own Council (even for a Redbridge school). For information about our primary schools please view our primary schools page.

How to apply

The closing date for on time primary reception applications was on Friday 15 January 2016 at 11.59 pm. 

Late application: If you missed the closing date and still need to apply, please register and make your online late application with eAdmissions

Supporting documents

If you are unable to attach your supporting documents at the time of making your eAdmissions application online, please scan supporting documents for proof of residence to

Special Educational Needs

For Special Education Needs applications, you will need to speak to us by contacting Special Educational Needs Team.

What happens after you have applied for primary school reception 2016

You will be sent an email during the evening of 18 April 2016 telling you the outcome of your application if you applied online.

You must respond to the offer by Tuesday 3 May 2016 at the latest. Your offer is based on the address you have given; if you have changed address or if you change your address in the future you must let us know. Offers made on the basis of false information or addresses that can’t be verified will be withdrawn.

If an offer can be made to your child at one of the schools listed as your:

first preference on your application, you will receive this information by email during the evening of 18 April 2016. Some parents who do not have access to a computer will be posted their outcome by letter on 18 April 2016 by first class post.

If it is for a lower ranked school, second to sixth preferences or an alternative school, the email will confirm that you have been offered the highest possible school preference at this time: your child’s name will appear on the waiting lists of those schools ranked at a higher preference on your application; any schools ranked at a lower preference have been withdrawn automatically.

Accepting your offer

You should tell us, by logging into your eAdmissions account by Tuesday 3 May 2016, whether you accept this offer or not. If you do not accept the place offered you may confirm this to us in the same way and also tell us which school place you are accepting that was not on your application, evidence of this offer is required. If your circumstances change please let us know. Should you face any issues logging into eAdmissions to accept the school offer, please email with your child's reference number and the name of the school you are accepting.

School admission appeals

If you wish to appeal for the school you have not yet been offered, please read all the information provided on School admissions appeal.

In-Year application

Moving between secondary schools & Reception 15

If you are already in Reception or any other Primary school (through to year 6) and wish to move to another Primary school or remain on a school's waiting list, please complete the online In-Year application. The same form is to be completed for those children who have a date of birth between 1 September 2010 to 31 August 2011.

Share this page:  Was this page helpful?